WPP CEO Sir Martin Sorrell, FC Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon and Oakland’s EVP of Basketball Operations Billy Beane lead the speaker line up at Leaders Week. The week-long event will host an international audience of over 3,000 CEOs and Directors from global sport from 2 – 6 October 2017 across the city of London.
Sir Martin Sorrell, Chief Executive Officer of WPP Group and has served in that role since he started the global advertisement company. WPP is regarded as the driving force for the period of consolidation which has been going on within the communications industry for the last ten to fifteen years. His WPP group has amassed the largest media buying group in the world, GroupM.
Josep Maria Bartomeu, President of FC Barcelona and is responsible for maintaining sporting excellence both on and off the field. Under his stewardship, Barcelona won their second treble in its history, comprising of La Liga, the Copa de Rey and the Champions League. A milestone never accomplished by any other football team.
Stephanie McMahon, the woman behind, and in front of, the curtain at WWE. After starting as an Account Executive, she now sits on the WWE’s Board of Directors as Chief Branding Officer, following a two-decade rise through the ranks that has put her hands into virtually every facet of the business. This has included creative, talent relations, digital and her current role overseeing WWE’s brand efforts and brand reputation among investors, media, business partners and advertisers.
Billy Beane turned the identification and recruitment of talented players into a science, famously charted in the best-selling book ‘Moneyball’. In the 1980s Beane played six seasons in the major leagues before joining the management team of the Oakland Athletics in 1990, becoming General Manager in 1997. Beane moulded the A’s into a perennial post-season contender whilst running the club as one of the most cost effective teams in the MLB. He was promoted in 2015 to Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations after 18 years as General Manager.
Sorrell, Bartomeu, McMahon and Beane will be joined on stage at Leaders Week by:
- Rich Gotham, President, Boston Celtics
- Gene McCarthy, President & Chief Executive Officer, ASICS America
- Martin Glenn, Chief Executive Officer, The FA
- Ambarish Mitra, Chief Executive Officer, Blippar
- Jaymee Messler, President, The Players’ Tribune
- Frank McCourt, Owner, Olympique de Marseille
- Jennifer van Dijk, Chief Strategy Officer & Vice President, Los Angeles Clippers
- Keith Grossman, Global Chief Revenue Officer, Bloomberg Media
- Rahul Kadavakolu, Executive Director – Global Marketing & Branding, Rakuten Inc.
- Brett Yormark, Chief Executive Officer, Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment
- Mark Emmert, President, NCAA
- Adam Zimmerman, Vice President, Marketing, Atlanta Braves
- Michael Yormark, President and Chief of Brand & Strategy, Roc Nation
- John Ridding, Chief Executive Officer, The Financial Times
- Dan Reed, Head of Global Sports Partnerships, Facebook
- Daniel Myers, Head of Product, PlayStation Vue & Global Video Products, Sony
- Ben Ladkin, General Manager, Arsenal Media Group, Arsenal FC
- Andrea Radrizzani, Co-Owner, Leeds United FC
- Steve Kaplan, Co-Owner, Swansea City A.F.C.
- Kevin Brilliant, Business Strategy & Analytics Manager, Chicago Bulls
- Dewayne Hankins, Chief Marketing Officer, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kit McConnell, Sports Director, International Olympic Committee
- Michael Davies, Senior Vice President, Field & Technical Operations, Fox Sports Media Group
- Jorgi Roig, Chief Commercial Officer, Astralis
2-6 October 2017