– Former Jockey Club and Jockey Club Racecourses CEOs Simon Bazalgette and Paul Fisher have launched their new advisory business, Global Venue Services.
– Interesting people talking to interesting people who are just as interested in talking to them – you get what I mean; it’s why Lance Armstrong’s podcast was/is so compelling: his guests are just as interested in quizzing him as he is them. Some new examples in the genre: Former inmate of the 10 Downing Street communications office and HMP Belmarsh Andy Coulson has a new podcast on navigating crises; and – shifting gears slightly – former Breeders’ Cup SVP Carter Carnegie has a new series of in-depth interviews with prominent sports executives attached – but not directly in – the racing industry.
– Directories – A good one here on archive streaming content and where to find it; and here, an A-Z of sports restarts.
– Grasping the nettle – now is not the time to go quiet.
– Aneesh Madani has added to his remit at the IOC, having been promoted to the role of Head of Global Digital Partnerships and Social Media.
– Sheila Ford Hamp has succeeded her mother, Martha Firestone Ford, as the principal owner and chair of the Detroit Lions.
– Sunil Rayan has been appointed as the President of Disney Plus Hotstar.
– Paul Mitchell has been appointed as the new Sporting Director at AS Monaco, having been successfully placed by Nolan Partners.
– Are you Formula E’s new Strategy and Business Development Director?
– Are you any number of new broadcast production executives at HBS?
Blockchain, block gain
FC Barcelona have generated $1.3 million through the sale of 600,000 ‘fan tokens’ in tandem with blockchain fintech provider Chiliz.
LA 2028 President Casey Wasserman has sold his beautiful Richard Meier-designed home in the Hollywood Hills for a cool $68 million.
– 231 – the number of new anti-piracy measures introduced by Saudi authorities following the WTO ruling against it last week.
– 30 – from the people who brought you 120 ways to engage with fans when there are no games, here are 30 ways to bring the live sports experience to fans at home.
– A comprehensive and, I’m afraid to say, dispiriting analysis of the challenge facing festival organisers.