- Sport Business
- Members Log In
Episode 98 of the Leaders Sport Business Podcast – brought to you in partnership with Arc – features a conversation with UFC COO Lawrence Epstein (begins at 7:15) on the eve of the MMA promotion’s latest event on ‘Fight Island’ in Abu Dhabi.
Epstein has been a driving force within the UFC since 2007, under the previous ownership of Zuffa and the Fertittas, and, since the $4 billion acquisition in 2016, under Endeavor.
On the conversational agenda:
– How the UFC managed to come back first with Fight Island;
– The operational challenges – and efficiencies – that Covid-era, fanless fights entail;
– Why and how the UFC’s media deal with ESPN has proved transformative;
– How life has changed under Endeavor;
– What the UFC knows about its fans and how it knows it;
– Dana White: the frontman, motivator, spirit and ethos.
“Life has changed following the acquisition, and frankly it’s changed for the better.” Lawrence Epstein.
This episode of the Leaders Sport Business Podcast is supported by global facilities management firm Arc. Arc has proudly brought some amazing imagery and stunning visual vibrancy back to the heart of London with the most incredible range of graphics. Team Arc embraced its client’s design brief and has quite literary transformed many of London’s iconic development sites into some of the most visually impacting areas in Europe. visit www.e-arc.co.uk for more information.