What 2018 tells us about the future
The latest Leaders special report has taken the pulse of the industry, spoken to experts and observed the direction of travel in an attempt to forecast the future of the sports industry, based on what we see happening across the space in 2018.
It’s a complex and ever-changing picture, as rights holders evolve, new content delivery models emerge, fan habits change and brands activate in new and interesting ways.
Much of it is driven by technology and an ever-increasing volume of data. That’s opening up opportunities for anyone to generate and, increasingly, monetise content and it’s fundamentally changing how rights are sold and events are staged.
In our latest report we’ll delve into the following:
- Rights holders are positioning themselves as tech accelerators and innovation hubs
- The gamification of the fan experience and performance data as a fan engagement tool
- The content universe is expanding and rights holders need to be adaptable
- Everyone’s a content producer = everyone’s a sports marketing agency
- New methods for understanding and interpreting engagement
- Micropayments and the fragmentation of rights
- Ease of purchase and sport as a sales driver
- Content owners vs. audience aggregators
- An era of new sports formats
- Esports – consolidation and establishment
- The mega events keep getting bigger
- But the world gets smaller
Download the latest Leaders Special Report today for our full forecast of sport’s future, the likely prospects for growth and the pitfalls to avoid.
This report has been produced by Leaders with the support of Avid. The report is free to download and requires a basic set of details. We will not share these details with any third party, but if you’re happy for us to share them with Avid – and Avid alone – then please do tick the box where prompted.
- Leaders Special Report: OTT 2018
- Leaders Special Report: The Next Generation Stadium
- Leaders Special Report: Fan Engagement
- Leaders Special Report: Anatomy of a Sports Fan
Leaders Week London
8 - 11 October 2018