Job Title: Business Development Executive – Corporate Sales
Reports to: Head of Sales
Location: Wimbledon, London or Charlotte, NC
Leaders Group, LLC:
Leaders Group is a globally recognized brand that is the go-to news and network source for thousands of sports business professionals. Producing breaking content every day, hosting over 20 events a year, and offering excellent content to thousands of subscribers, the task of recruiting participants to our events is an important one.
Leaders Group is seeking a Business Development Executive to take ownership of a group of accounts that comprises executives in sports business companies including leagues, teams, brands, sports agencies, talent agencies, governing bodies, sports media, facility operators/designers/architects, and tech firms. The ideal candidate will maximize attendance and exhibitors at a variety of conferences and events across Leaders in Sport, The Esports Observer, SportTechie and Sports Business Journal.
• Scheduling calls with potential attendees and exhibitors to discuss their business goals and to position attendance at events as a way to achieve those goals.
• Using compelling written and oral language with executives all around the globe, respecting their cultural differences and communication preferences.
• Achieving the productivity goals of weekly calls and email outreach.
• Building an ongoing pipeline of active prospects by utilizing database resources, competitive attendee lists and online resources.
• Maintaining an organized database of prospects, sales, and sales activities.
• Understanding the specific buy/sell relationship of each conference and succinctly articulating the features and differentiating between events
• Lead source effectively and constantly develop new client opportunities to convert into delegate and/or exhibition revenue
• Nurture accounts throughout the year to achieve upsell targets by; proactively developing new contact relationships within existing accounts and upselling delegates to other events in the Sport Business Series
• Working closely with the sales teams account manager to ensure clients sponsoring are serviced properly
• Accurate and timely reporting of weekly and monthly sales performance to the Head of Sales
• Proactively and continually learning about the sports industry
• Attend sales training sessions
• Working in a fast-paced, changing environment to help create new and improved processes
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Proven track record (1-2 years) in telephone or face-to-face sales.
• To be able to demonstrate achieving sales targets set
• High-energy individual with ability to reach and surpass aggressive call and sales quotas.
• Ability to close sales through a combination of telephone outreach and personalized emails
• Strong work ethic with ability to multitask between prospecting, cold calling and follow-up
• Professional telephone manner and excellent communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to conduct webinars.
• Flexibility to work in a fluid work environment and to help create structure
Full-time position; Competitive salary plus commissions; Full benefits.
To apply for the position, please send your resume and a cover note to: Paul Daoud – [email protected]