Job Title: Exhibition Manager
Reports to: Head of Sales
Location: Wimbledon, London or Charlotte, NC
Leaders Group, LLC:
Leaders Group is a globally recognized brand that is the go-to news and network source for thousands of sports business professionals. Producing breaking content every day, hosting over 20 events a year, and offering excellent content to thousands of subscribers, the task of recruiting participants to our events is an important one.
Leaders Group is seeking an exhibition manager to take ownership of our exhibit portfolio across our calendar of events. The aim is to bring in new accounts as well as upselling existing book of business. Target clients include leagues, teams, brands, sports agencies, talent agencies, governing bodies, sports media, facility operators/designers/architects, and tech firms. The ideal candidate will maximize exhibitors at a variety of conferences and events across Leaders in Sport, The Esports Observer, SportTechie and Sports Business Journal.
- Scheduling calls with potential exhibitors to discuss their business goals and to position attendance at events as a way to achieve those goals.
- Using compelling written and oral language with executives all around the globe, respecting their cultural differences and communication preferences.
- Lead source effectively through daily research and constantly develop new client opportunities to convert into exhibition revenue
- To build a solid deliverable pipeline of new business across our calendar of events through all types of business development activity
- Achieving the productivity goals of weekly calls and email outreach.
- Building an ongoing pipeline of active prospects by utilizing database resources, competitive attendee lists and online resources.
- Maintaining an organized database of prospects, sales, and sales activities.
- Understanding the specific buy/sell relationship of each conference and succinctly articulating the features and differentiating between events
- Working closely with the sales teams account manager to ensure clients sponsoring are serviced properly
- Accurate and timely reporting of weekly and monthly sales performance to the Head of Sales
- Proactively and continually learning about the sports industry
- Attend sales training sessions
- Working in a fast-paced, changing environment to help create new and improved processes
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven track record (1-2 years) in telephone or face-to-face sales selling new business
- To be able to demonstrate achieving sales targets set
- High-energy individual with ability to reach and surpass aggressive call and sales quotas.
- Ability to close sales through a combination of telephone outreach and personalized emails
- Strong work ethic with ability to multitask between prospecting, cold calling and follow-up
- Professional telephone manner and excellent communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to conduct webinars.
- Flexibility to work in a fluid work environment and to help create structure
Full-time position; Competitive salary plus commissions; Full benefits.
To apply for the position, please send your resume and a cover note to: Paul Daoud – [email protected]