- Sport Business
- Members Log In
Beyond the Kenyan’s brilliance, the mastermind of the operation was Sir Dave Brailsford, the Principal of Team Ineos cycling, who served as CEO on the Ineos 1:59 Challenge, spent five months leading a project that proved a triumph of human performance, science and technology.
In a Leaders Performance Podcast exclusive, Brailsford goes public with the details of how a large and disparate team came together to break boundaries in distance running. First, he explains how he worked to bring together the engagement and publicity elements of the Ineos 1:59 Challenge with the performance question at the heart of the project.
Also on the conversational agenda were:
– How the Ineos 1:59 Challenge differed from Nike and Kipchoge’s unsuccessful Breaking2 project in 2017 [ from 9:20];
– The steps taken once it was decided that Vienna’s Prater Park would make for the best venue [from 17:00];
– Brailsford’s work to get everyone on the team pulling in the same direction [from 26:50];
– The execution of the run by Kipchoge and Co. [from 32:50];
– What success meant to Brailsford and the future of marathon running [from 39:00].