“The secret about leadership is that it’s not about you – it’s about making others better.”
So says Stuart Lancaster, Senior Coach at European Champions Leinster in his latest instalment of Lessons with Lancaster.
He goes on to deliver 10 emotional characteristics that inspiring leaders possess, from self-confidence and reliance to empathy and self-control. Lancaster cites the example of Kevin Sinfield as a paragon of modern, empathetic leadership but also explains that all leaders bring their own qualities to the equation.
He says: “Take this as an opportunity to self-reflect against your own qualities that sit against these 10 characteristics and work out in your own mind how you set about improving your ability to be a greater leader.”
- 1. Lessons With Lancaster: 3 Top Tips for Building a Great Team
- 1.2 Lessons With Lancaster: Introduction to Communication – Connection & Extension
- 1.3 Lessons With Lancaster: 20 Tips on How Leaders Can Improve their Communication
- 1.4 Lessons With Lancaster: Maximising Your Energy for the Greatest Connection
- 1.5 Lessons With Lancaster: 10 Leadership Qualities That Set the Best Coaches Apart
- 2.1 Lessons With Lancaster: 19 Qualities of Great Leaders
Want more great sport performance content, straight to you inbox? Subscribe to our performance newsletters.