“There’s lots of presentations and thoughts that I’m going to give but if there was a rank of order of importance I’d put this one at the top.”
Stuart Lancaster is talking about developing your credibility as a leader in the latest edition of his Lessons With Lancaster series here at the Leaders Performance Institute.
He asks: “Can you become a leader if you’ve started at a low level and worked your way up through the pathway?”
The answer is a resounding ‘yes’ as Lancaster himself can testify. He may be a European and Pro 14 champion as a Senior Coach with Leinster and may have guided his native England into a Rugby World Cup as Head Coach, but Lancaster defied convention in progressing from a teaching background to upper echelons of rugby union.
“It wasn’t easy and it took a long time but I’d like to share with you how I did it and – more importantly – how you can improve your credibility as a leader.”
- 1. Lessons With Lancaster: 3 Top Tips for Building a Great Team
- 1.2 Lessons With Lancaster: Introduction to Communication – Connection & Extension
- 1.3 Lessons With Lancaster: 20 Tips on How Leaders Can Improve their Communication
- 1.4 Lessons With Lancaster: Maximising Your Energy for the Greatest Connection
- 1.5 Lessons With Lancaster: 10 Leadership Qualities That Set the Best Coaches Apart
- 2.1 Lessons With Lancaster: 19 Qualities of Great Leaders
- 2.2 Lessons With Lancaster: 10 Emotional Characteristics of Inspiring Leaders
Want more great sport performance content, straight to you inbox? Subscribe to our performance newsletters.