- Sport Business
- Members Log In
Episode 78 of the Leaders Sport Business Podcast – brought to you in partnership with Onside Law –features conversations with Triple S Sports and Entertainment MD Paul Stretford (discussion begins at 20:09) and Onside Law Partner Jamie Singer (discussion begins at 4:55).
Speaking just hours before the Premier League announced it would be consulting its players on a potential 30% pay cut or deferral in the face of mounting public and media pressure, Stretford, whose agency represents the likes of England footballers Wayne Rooney and Harry Maguire, was happy to address what he sees as a mishandled process and a lack of understanding of the contribution many footballers are already making.
Singer, meanwhile, gives an overview of the conversations he and his team are having with a range of rights holders looking to protect themselves in uncertain times and no clarity on when or where sports events might be able to restart.
On the conversational agenda:
– What force majeure is and how it can – and can’t – protect sports organisations;
– Collaboration, practical solutions and how to protect yourself now;
– When the point is that the goodwill will wear thin;
– How a player representation business that relies on personal contact keeps going;
– The players’ perspective in the argument over pay cuts.
Thanks again to Onside Law for their support for this podcast.
Stay safe, keep in touch.