Genius Sports MD Steven Burton on betting, data, and the future of the US sports gaming market | Women’s sport in the spotlight | DAZN and the consolidation of the OTT market | Micropayments | Tech to watch | New stuff in new markets.
By James Emmett
David Cushnan and James Emmett bring you a bumper edition of the Leaders Sports Business Podcast to kick off 2019, as they identify ten key sports industry trends or topics to track across 2019.
Including a extended interview with Steven Burton, MD of data and integrity technology specialists Genius Sports, who makes sense of the legislative changes enabling sports betting across the US and plots out the future for the sector across US sport, the episode analyses:
– A big upcoming year for World Rugby, the IAAF, Japan, and Qatar;
– The commercial and societal momentum gathering behind women’s sport;
– DAZN’s 20-2020 vision and the shifts in the OTT sports broadcasting sector;
– Micropayments and innovative rights packages;
– 2019 as another step in sport’s path to internationalisation;
– Athlete power, Kosmos, and the Davis Cup;
– Technology adoption and a big year for mobile ticketing;
– Start-up events launching in 2019;
– Private equity money fuelling league and federation growth.
- Episode 47: Pitch International Executive Chairman Oli Slipper
- Episode 46: Sophie Goldschmidt, Matt Porter, Miheer Walavalkar
The Sport Business Summit
30 - 31 January 2019