- Sport Business
- Members Log In
Episode 73 of the Leaders Sport Business Podcast sees James Emmett and David Cushnan talk to Kate Bosomworth about the COVID-19 crisis and its ramifications on sport before introducing a recording of Kate’s session with Hublot Chairman Jean-Claude Biver from the Leaders Sport Business Summit in October (session starts at 26:42).
Kate, a former Sport England board member, sports marketing agency CEO, and CMO of M&C Saatchi, helmed a typically energetic discussion with Biver, a legend in the luxury brands world and the man credited with transforming the fortunes of Tag Heuer and Hublot through a savvy and committed marketing strategy. The discussion roamed fluidly from piercing business and marketing advice, to approaches to interpersonal skills and instinct, by way of colourful anecdotes about Diego Maradona.
On the conversational agenda:
– Biver’s first job as a charismatic but useless watch salesman;
– The point of passion at work;
– Why you don’t buy a watch to tell the time;
– Why Diego Maradona always wears two watches;
– Sports marketing and the power of emotional connection.