48-team World Cup | Sport as a political tool | Bringing the razzmatazz to cricket | Keith Pelley’s vision for consolidation in golf | Taking the Giro d’Italia abroad | Why Arsenal’s deal with Visit Rwanda makes sense | Digital storytelling and branded content with the ICC, Hilton, and Lewis Hamilton | Global opportunities for women’s football.
Episode 51 of the Leaders Sport Business Podcast sees David Cushnan and James Emmett reflect on a busy two days at the Leaders Sport Business Summit in Abu Dhabi, featuring interviews with:
Paolo Bellino (19.39), CEO of RCS Sport on:
– Merging the Dubai Tour and Abu Dhabi Tour to form the UAE Tour;
– The Giro d’Italia as a destination marketing tool;
– The Giro’s visit to Israel and what it meant
– Why a potential start in Japan was ruled out at the last minute;
Peter Silverstone (33.29), Commercial Director of Arsenal FC:
– On the myths around Arsenal’s sponsorship with Visit Rwanda;
– Why the partnership is working for Rwanda already.
- What went on at the Leaders Sport Business Summit, Abu Dhabi
- Leaders Sport Business Podcast: Abu Dhabi’s sports investment strategy
Leaders Week New York
20 - 23 May 2019