This week’s guest is Giles Morgan, global head of sponsorship & events at HSBC.
HSBC spends hundreds of millions of dollars annually on sponsorship activity – and receives 11,000 sponsorship requests per year – and as you’ll hear from the first topic of conversation, we discuss how to break through the noise with your pitch to Giles and his team.
Also on the agenda:
- How the HSBC sponsorship team keeps up with the bank’s business objectives – no mean feat for a global organisation of 250,000 employees;
- How to deal with internal pushback on marketing decisions;
- The bank’s flagship sponsorships in golf and rugby, as well as it’s fabulously successful and highly visible long-running airbridge advertising campaign – we might also find out what Giles’s favourite airport is;
- The bank’s new deal with British Cycling and why cycling is increasingly appealing to the marketing teams at financial institutions;
- And we find out how, working in an organisation of data-loving bankers, HSBC measures sponsorship ROI.
Listen to the episode below; like, subscribe on iTunes or you favoured podcast platform – and, actually, why not recommend it to a friend or colleague.
Leaders Meet: Innovation
11 January 2018