- Sport Business
- Members Log In
Disruptive forces across sports broadcast | GB Basketball’s UGC ban | ESPN & Second Spectrum’s ‘Full Court Press’ | CBS’ Super Bowl production under the microscope | Mycujoo and its founders in profile.
Episode 52 of the Leaders Sport Business Podcast is a sports broadcast disruption special, with David Cushnan and James Emmett analysing a handful of the issues at the top of the sports broadcast agenda before introducing a discussion with Joao and Pedro Presa, the Portuguese twins who co-founded Mycujoo, a user-generated content (UGC) football streaming platform with realistic ambitions of building the single largest football community in the world.
On the conversational agenda:
– What is Mycujoo and what’s in the name;
– The business model and how it’s evolved;
– JustinTV, Twitch, and LinkedIn – inspirations and models;
– The journey from tech service provider to tech media company;
– Building a football community through long-tail content and what 200 million interactions a year means;
– Why Brazil, Indonesia, Thailand, Portugal and the US have proved the strongest markets;
– Japan’s Nadeshiko League – a Mycujoo case study;
– How the twins lead together;
– How to recruit and build as a start-up, and why Amsterdam is the perfect base.