- Sport Business
- Members Log In
O’Neil is one of the most forward-thinking senior leaders in sport, and he’s renowned for the inspiring working cultures he builds around him – a working culture at the 76ers that has resulted in the franchise consistently topping various NBA commercial tables even with a historically bad team on the court.
As CEO of Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE), he leads the 76ers organisation in the NBA, as its Prudential Center arena, the New Jersey Devils NHL team, the new Sixers Innovation Lab, and esports outfit Team Dignitas.
O’Neil and O’Reilly were in London in mid-January for the Sixers’ game with the Boston Celtics at the O2, and O’Neil’s appearance at Leaders Meet Innovation.
On the conversational agenda for the podcast:
– Onboarding and the the working culture at HBSE and the 76ers;
– The importance of language in the business of sport, ‘Trust the Process’, and what it means to be ‘palms up’;
– The nuts and bolts of an NBA international trip, and what the 76ers did with the 200 people they brought from Philadelphia to London last week;
– Building an international content plan around a cosmopolitan team that is finally coming good;
– Forging the next generation of sporting leaders;
– NBA China trivia;
– The Sixers Innovation Lab – what exactly is it?