Hua Fung Teh is Group President at Singapore-based martial arts organisation, ONE Championship, having previously been the company’s Chief Financial Officer.
When it comes to Asia-based, global martial arts organisations, ONE Championship sits right at the top. The rise of the organisation over the last few years has been meteoric and Hua Fung Teh has been instrumental in driving that growth since joining ONE two years ago. Milestones include:
- 20 to 30 events across Asia, with the aim of doing one event per week in the future;
- A broadcast reach of 138 countries to a potential viewership of 1.7 billion;
- Ten million Facebook fans; who contribute to an average of 2.5 billion annual video views.
The foundations are already in place for ONE Championship – Asia’s largest global sports media property. And its growth shows no sign of slowing, particularly in the West. While the majority of rights holders are looking to grow their international presence in Asia, ONE is unique in trying to grow an Asian brand in the US, and expansion is already underway. Hua Fung Teh will return to The Sport Business Summit stage on 21 May during Leaders Week New York to reveal how the company are doing this and how their partnership with Turner is fundamental in achieving their ambitious goals; one of them being to be bigger than the NFL.
- 5 Minutes with Leaders: Peter Hutton
- 5 Minutes with Leaders: Claire Cronin
- 5 Minutes with Leaders: Jamie Dinan
- 5 Minutes with Leaders: Alex Williamson
Hua Fung Teh speaking alongside the leaders from City Football Group, Wimbledon and LIGA MX at The Sport Business Summit during Leaders Week London in October 2018.
The Sport Business Summit
18 - 19 July 2019